Devonport Visitor Information
Devonport is a city located on the north-west coast of Tasmania, Australia. It is the gateway to Tasmania for the Spirit of Tasmania ferry service and an ideal base for exploring the region.
Things to Do
Devonport has a range of attractions and activities for visitors to enjoy:
- Take a stroll along the Mersey Bluff Coastal Reserve
- Visit the Tiagarra Aboriginal Cultural Centre
- Explore the Don River Railway and Museum
- Enjoy the local food and wine scene
- Take a day trip to Cradle Mountain
Devonport offers a variety of accommodation options for visitors:
- Hotels and motels
- Bed and breakfasts
- Holiday parks and campsites
- Self-contained apartments and cottages
Devonport is accessible by:
- The Spirit of Tasmania ferry service from Melbourne, Victoria
- Flights to Devonport Airport from Melbourne and other Australian cities
- Driving from Launceston or Hobart, with scenic routes available
Devonport has a mild, temperate climate with four distinct seasons. Summer temperatures range from 12°C to 23°C, while winter temperatures range from 3°C to 12°C.
- Visitors can find information and assistance at the Devonport Visitor Information Centre, located on the Bass Highway.
- The local currency is the Australian dollar.
- The time zone is Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
- English is the official language.
Plan your trip to Devonport today and experience the best of Tasmania's north-west coast!